
I married a Canadian - and he's proud of it, big surprise :) I'm glad though, because we get even more holidays in our home....like boxing day (huh?) and I'm sure some other good ones. Anyway I asked George how they celebrate Canada Day and he said they have BBQ's at the park and watch fireworks...sounds familiar doesn't it. But it's a big birthday party so what more can you expect? I made his favorite dessert, nanaimo bars. Eventhough this was my first time making them and wasn't sure how they were even supposed to be, they turned out quite delicious. Here is the nanaimo bar recipe that I used if you're ever feeling Canadian. Disclaimer for this recipe...still not sure if it is THE best recipe, the bottom crust didn't turn out like we wanted. So if you find a better recipe let us know. And Happy Canada Day to you all!! (July 1st)

4 comments:
I LOVE that you posted this!! I also love that you made nanaimo bars! We have a really good recipe too that I should send you. Ah, Canadian Goodies. You do get more holidays now too - like Queen Victoria's birthday, which is always a fun time at our house, Boxing Day, Family Day...and I don't know what else. Welcome to the Canadian family! ;)
liz there were really good your really funny sepically when you talk on the phone to your friends and sister it's great to have you in our family now love ya chelsea
so i totally ate nanaimo bars in cali a few months ago...the stake had a cultural night and a missionary from canada made them....i thought of you when i ate them b/c i remember you answering that question correctly at the bridal shower. happy birthday, canada!
Wow, you are quite wife-o-liscious! I'm very impressed Lizi-beth. We need to talk very very soon. I miss you!
Post a Comment