Saturday, June 7, 2008

Our Blissful Blur :)


Yay I just got our dvd of photos, thanks Greg & Dawn! It was so fun to look through all of them and remember our wedding day. We've been married for over a month now, hardly newly weds anymore, haha :)


So we got married on 06/07/08. We didn't pick that date for the numbers...we simply picked the first Saturday of the month and viola it's a number that even George will remember :)


It was a wonderful day...a blissful blur, the peak of a whirlwind of festivities. Of course the most amazing part of the day was getting sealed to my love. It was the greatest moment of my life to kneel across the altar from my best friend, George, and be sealed for eternity. It's an incredible experience to take part in forming a family. I felt SO blessed and happy! The ceremony was short and sweet, and I held in the tears until it came time to give hugs to so many wonderful family and friends. So many loved ones came to support us and we are so grateful for that! My cheeks hurt from smiling so much. It was absolutely the best day of my life. We couldn't have done it without you all, thank you SO much!



Neither one of us slept much the night before... So naturally the day started out early. I tried to eat some breakfast...Terrie made yummy crepes, mmm! I then went and got my hair done for the third time that week (bridals, reception, and finally the real thing). I came back to my family doing yoga out on the lawn. I love them, they're all so relaxed and easy-going, it helped me remain calm.

I definitely had bride brain and sort of wandered around doing last minute things. My mom finally made me sit down and she went over a list of things I should have with me for the BIG day. Thanks mom! Then around 11 a.m. my parents and Shena got in the car for the drive up to Manti. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from Cedar and it was fun to chat with my folks and catch up with Shena.


George and I got our pictures done before the ceremony. It was a lot of fun walking around the temple grounds and posing with my husband-to-be.





Our wonderful parents - we truly wouldn't be where we are today without them. We are SO grateful for your love and support. We LOVE you!

Some of my favorite humans on Earth

Four of the Bates boys...hard to tell they're brothers!

Mmmm at last...a kiss!

I love you SO much George :)

6 comments:

glamorus said...

love your pictures your wedding was so pretty ur were a princess that day thanks for letting us come your a great new aunt

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day! We love to think and talk about our wedding day and how fun & exciting it was - the greatest day of our lives! 2 years this week! Believe me, it goes by quickly!

Aly Goalen said...

Love love love it! Your pictures are so great! I am so happy for the 2 of you. I love you my BBGFF. :)

Kate said...

it was such a great day, thank you for letting us be apart of it. And you looked beautiful Princess Lizi

melissa said...

The pictures are all sooo pretty! It really was a beautiful day and the whole weekend was a lot of fun too. I like your style Liz Bates! Who else would have sand volleyball at their reception?? (even though I didn't actually play)