Let's talk about George, the #1 papa & husband! He's been working at Bristow for well over a year now. This job has been a blessing and is his 'foot in the door' to the helicopter industry and building those first crucial '1000' hours. The first 6 months were sloooooow, and he wasn't building hours very fast. It was frustrating, but we were thankful that he was on salary and was still getting paid no matter how much or how little he flew. Fortunately in the past few months he's been getting in a lot more flight time. A few months ago (I'm behind on my blogging!) he hit a benchmark in his career and hit 500 hours!! Plus, I just wanted to show off some photos of him in uniform :) Such a handsome pilot! He works so hard for us. We feel so blessed to have such a hard working man taking care of us. He provides for our family so well and does it with a smile on his face. I love his positive attitude! Even when that means getting up at 4 in the morning (most of the time he has to be to work by 5:30 am) so that he can bike to work so I can have the car for the day. (I wrote that a couple months ago - now George is working night shift, equally hard, or maybe harder? But pretty awesome that he is using night vision goggles.) And since I'm way behind on blogging George is back on morning shift again! Haha, is this getting confusing to read? He recently started his Bell transition, which means he's learning to fly turbine helicopters now. This is awesome and big-time excitement for a pilot (and his wife!). He did ground school for it last week, and this week has been flying the bell. This is such great experience for him, and looks good on the resume when it comes time to move on. We love him. We respect him. And I hope Sawyer & Jack want to be just like him!

Jack loves to pull all the velcro patches off his flight suit when he gets home.
George's official whites and stripes - he only wears this if he's not flying that day.
"Ready for take-off"
Sawyer enjoys pretending to be a pilot with papa's gear.
It'll be interesting to see if the boys want to follow in papa's footsteps and become pilots. Maybe just recreational pilots? Who knows. For now I think it's safe to say his boys want to be just like him. I couldn't ask for a better example for them.
I love this shot.
While we were gone George fixed up the backyard. The boys love it!
Exactly a month late today to be posting this on the blog, but Happy Birthday to my Hover Lover! You're the Rhu to my Barb. Thanks for supporting us and working so hard while we played out west.
1 comment:
Happy 1 month and 1 day late birthday to George :) He has always been the greatest at everything... except keeping in touch :)
Post a Comment