Lately we've been up to a lot of WORK...for which we are very grateful!
George has been working at The KeyMaker Locksmith during the week. He worked here before helicopter school, and we're so grateful that he can continue to work there now while we are here in Cedar expecting our baby. It's wonderful having such a skilled husband! On the weekends he works at the St. George Airport for an FBO. And we just found out that they bought an R-22 (helicopter) so he'll be able to trade work for flight time...yay! It's great for him to be around the aviation industry and we hope he can do some beneficial networking with his time there.
Handsome George in his KeyMaker shirt :)
I work for a doctor up in Beaver (45 mins north) that has been doing research for the past two years on a medicine called Numune. He is finally to the point where he is ready to produce and sell. A little over a month ago I was able to help make his first batch. It's very interesting to be a part of such a process. I can't believe the time and effort he's put into perfecting this product. Right now it is considered a 'nutritional supplement' until he can get FDA approval, which takes millions and millions of dollars and about 6 years if you're lucky. This medicine has incredible effects on wound healing and MS patients, although he's not allowed to claim that until he gets it all approved through the FDA. Did you know Beaver County has the most MS patients per capita in the entire world?! Crazy. That is how Dr. Melling got into researching this medicine in the first place. Right now it's a small operation out of his home. He's built a clean room and anteroom for production. We get dressed up in our sterile garb to do the whole process. As a pregnant lady I can hardly stand wearing the mask because I feel like I'm suffocating, but fortunately the room is kept at a nice chilly temp of 5C. It does make for a long day with 1.5 hour commute, but I'm thankful I have work and can be a part of this unique production! And there is quite a variety to the job with it being a fairly new company...like last week I got to figure out how to shrink band the neck of the medicine bottle and order a capsulator for the powder. I also get to mess around on Adobe Photoshop creating different labels and excel sheets to get the company organized and running smoothly...or at least trying to anyway.
Getting prepped in the anteroom before entering the clean room.
4 comments:
wow that looks so intense! what a neat experience to be a part of.
Wow the things you are learning! What an opportunity. Your life is wonderful!
You're so cute! I love hearing about that medicine. What an awesome thing you're doing! And that's awesome that George can work for flight time! What a great deal! Love you.
Your job sounds so interesting. I always thought that a major in that area sounded interesting and fun. It is good to read about you and your family.
Post a Comment