Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"It's SO big!"

I repeat this to George multiple times a day...referring of course to my belly. IT IS SO BIG! I lose my breath frequently and I'm worried because I still have 4 weeks to grow...how is it possible that I will get even bigger? I don't like carrying around this uncomfortable bulge. I do enjoy feeling him move around inside, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more seeing him move around outside of me! Some women think pregnancy is wonderful in the sense that they enjoy being pregnant...that is a completely foreign idea to me. Yes, it's miraculous, but it doesn't mean it's enjoyable :) These next 4 weeks cannot go by fast enough for me, but for the record I do have to say this stage in pregnancy is WAY better than the first 5 months.

Look what my niece and nephews found in Dr. Seuss's ABC book! Ichabod (almost spelled right) is famous! And he really does cause me to be itchy these days as he stretches my belly beyond belief.

So when I was little I had the perfect smiley belly button...it seemed as though I had outgrown it...until I got a big tummy again. The smiley button is back. So cute, yea? Haha

Today began my weekly doctor appointments. They've been boring which is a good sign because everything is normal...although I am measuring a week later than I actually am...which could mean he'll come early, but probably just means I'm gonna have a big baby, eek! I've gained 30 lbs. to date...I was hoping to stay more towards the 25 lb. range, but it looks like it'll be around 35 lbs, although that is still 'in range'. A weird 'side effect' I've had lately is that my arms go numb, especially when I sleep. The doctor says it's because I have excess fluid and it puts pressure on the nerves in my wrists. which cause my whole arm to go numb. That's mainly what has been keeping me up at night, ugh. Oh and he prefers my right side...he's always up in my ribs, but only on the right-hand side. I guess Kaden was like that for Sara too.

I'd always thought George was an 8 lb. baby, but his mom informed me a couple weeks ago, that he was in fact her biggest baby (out of 7 kids) and weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs 11 oz, yikes! I hope Ichy stays under 9 lbs, please!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I want to take pictures of your baby!

Vernice said...

Amen sister to everything you said about pregnancy. Matt was a nine pounder too, and I hope and pray that this one coming is not that big. Nathan was big enough at 6lbs 5ounces. I am excited for you and anxious.

analee hirschi said...

yup, that last month is the worst. you get hot and uncomfortable, and you can't sleep. But you are down to your last few weeks. I am so excitd for you to be done. Good luck

Receli said...

I so agree with you!!! The last month is hard... but the first 5 were definitely the worst!!! Good luck you can do it! I am so excited for you guys to hold your precious baby! Has he dropped yet? It gets really fun at that point cause he will just sit on your pelvis bone... oh the joys!!!

Aly said...

That belly button is AWESOME! That's hilarious. i know you haven't enjoyed this journey...but really it IS such a miracle. Love you!

Anonymous said...

You're almost there! I'm still in the miserable first 5... :) But, yes, it's all so miraculous and I know it will be worth it. Good luck!

Nicole Moultrie said...

I hear ya! Pregnancy is not a fun thing, amazing yes..fun, no. You look great, and I hope this time goes by fast!