Sunday, July 3, 2011

SLC road trip

Sawyer and I took our first 'road trip' by ourselves up to Salt Lake City. Does it count as a road trip if it's only a 3.5 hour drive? Aly hadn't had the chance to meet Sawyer yet and Elaine was going to be in town from Texas, so I decided to brave it. Sawyer was angelic, of course...you would think I'd know by now :) He really did great on the drive up and slept most of the way. And he did pretty good sleeping in new places, but the problem was I'd stay up way too late visiting with my friends that his normal wake up time (5:3o am) came waaaay too early.

We stayed a couple days at Elaine's parent's. They live up a beautiful canyon and her mom has the most amazing garden and flowers. It was wonderful to catch up with Elaine and her family and to breathe in the fresh mountain air. Plus we got to visit Receli and Anisa. I forgot to get my camera out there tho. Anisa just had a baby boy, Jonny on June 3. He is SO precious and it was so fun to meet him. I'd already forgotten how tiny newborns are, so cute!!

Flake and Sawyer :)


Adorable baby Jonny 6 lbs 9 oz. I snagged a pic that Anisa had emailed me :)

We then headed to North Salt Lake to spend the night at Aly's house. Her boy, Ben, turns 3 next month! Sawyer was in love with him and wanted to walk just like him and play with him. I'm not sure the feeling was mutual, but Ben was a good sport sharing all his toys with Sawyer.

And we even got them to pose for a picture (almost)!
I hope these two have a chance to be buds growing up.

Strolling around the farmer's market in Bountiful.

It was so relaxing to visit with Aly. I love how we can pick right up where we left off (which is usually way longer than either one of us would like). She always has such great advice for me. And it was so easy to stay at her house since she's already set up for a baby boy.

On my drive back south I got to stop and eat sushi with Shena. It was a fun quick little stop. To help break up the drive. Speaking of the drive, our civic doesn't have cruise control and now my right knee is killing me from keeping it in the same position for hours. I must be getting old or something.

Although I'm terrible at keeping in touch, I feel so blessed to have such amazing girlfriends in my life! It was a fabulous trip and wonderful to catch up.

1 comment:

Aly said...

oh I love it! That was so fun to get together. I love you Lizi! And Ben adored Sawyer. I loved seeing them interact. The big boys club!