Monday, February 7, 2011

Hie to Kolob

We feel very fortunate to live so close to beautiful red rock country. This afternoon was a perfectly sunny day so we headed to Kolob (north end of Zion NP). We met up with our wonderful childhood friends from Colorado and enjoyed a pleasant walk. We had a great visit with them yesterday over lunch and got caught up on their lives. While growing up in Colorado both of our family's had kids at the same ages, so we have lots of fun memories with the Pyle's!

We hiked up the South Fork of Taylor Creek Trail.
Sara holding Sadie, Don & Dea Pyle, Kenny & Tanya Simler, Sawyer, Liz, & Kaden.

As usual Sawyer was on his best behavior. He enjoyed the hike and managed to get in a good nap too.

Enjoying this beautiful weather and gorgeous surroundings!

The cute Kaden & Sadie at the beginning of the trail.

I'm so happy Sawyer likes hiking :)

In the car Sara was getting Sawyer to laugh and then he surprised her with his own little trick.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Oh I miss the red cliffs. I love Kolob. I love how cute your son is! He is too funny with his little trick! I wanna kiss his cheeks :)

Mamma Meg said...

First of all, I LOVE your hair! Second, I cannot believe that you went off and had your baby while I was not blogging. Pfft! Selfish!

Oh, and I see many, many babies. Babies everywhere, really. So you can take my word for it when I tell you that yours really is the very cutest of them all.