Thursday, March 13, 2008

Canyonlands Half Marathon

My little sister, Alethea, is my hero. Although slightly illegal, last Saturday she ran the half marathon for me. She not only ran it, but ROCKED it. Her time was 2:00:59 which is a 9:23 minute mile for 13.1 miles!! I'd been training to run this half marathon for a few months now. From my last post you noticed that I got the flu (which I just can't seem to kick STILL). So the morning of the race I asked Alethea if she wanted to run it for me since I was still sick. She said SURE. Who runs a half marathon with no training and just an hours notice, haha! Even though it was hard on my pride to wuss out I think it was the wise thing to do considering I was getting out of breath just walking around. It was a great weekend...I love red rocks!

The star herself cruising along...

FINISH LINE after 2:00:59 and 13.1 miles!!

George, Lisa, & Shena on a morning hike near our campsite


Lisa & icicles!

Desert Princess? Red Rock Princess?

Beautiful desert sunset

George and Shena at Landscape Arch

Alethea enjoying the campfire while the taco soup boils over.

It was wonderful to wake up to the sun shining on the red rocks...

I LOVE camping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from you! You'll need to fill me in on your life at the reunion (we will be there, although Braden has to be at work at 5:30 the next morning, so we don't know how long we'll stick around...). I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there - hopefully word gets around! I hope you're doing well - it's been a long time!

Mary Ann said...

Liz you can meet my boyfriend but I think yours is probably a better man!